Even if plastic pollution is a global issue, we can, as single individual, still make a difference by reducing our "plastic footprint".
As consumers and member of a community we can contribute in finding alternative solutions to plastic and reduce the derived pollution through daily small actions such as:
- Reduce the use of plastic in our daily activities by avoiding single use packaging;
- Choose reusable bags over plastic bags or if there’s no alternative use the same plastic bags more than once;
- Promote recycling and the valorization of plastic waste as a source of energy. Encourage local communities and government to give a second life to wastes;
- Use biodegradable products;
- And of course, not dump waste in the environment.